Tuesday, January 11, 2011

That one time she started a blog...

Hello Friends, Fans, Enemies, and random people of the web.

In between baking, working, gaming, excercising, cooking, and being OCD I realized I miss an aspect of my life that I have  tucked away in the back of my brain for a couple of years now.

Writing.

I thought about it for a while and I decided a blog is a good start and what better to blog about then my baking adventures?  I have a lot of people ask me for advice, tips and recipes and instead of writing a paragraph long comment on Facebook...I can just answer them here =)

My first post, however, is going to be about other blogs.  Blogs that have inspired me, blogs that I frequent and blogs that are just plain fun.


Since this is about my baking adventures, the first blog I'd like to recommend to anyone wanting to dive into the "fun" part of baking (being creative of course!) is the one and only Bakerella.

Bakerella is famous for her creative Cake Pops and Cake Balls, but a lot of her blog posts are about different ways to be creative with what tools you have around the kitchen.  She is down to earth, honest and a very sweet person.  I highly recommend her to any budding bakers out there who are looking to start having fun with their imaginations.

Keeping with the Baking blogs, the next blog is a friend of mines blog...appropriately named Cakerella.

Now she hasn't blogged in a little bit...but she is a busy college student so just keep an eye out..when she does blog she keeps you entertained with her fun loving attitude towards everything and she has great tips for every baker out there.  You can feel the passion she has for baking in her posts and it makes for a very wonderful read.

Cake Spy is a blog about everything sweet and where you can find it.  She searches for some of the most unique sweets you have ever seen or wondered about (like the pumpple cake).  I also ADORE her art on her blog page...very very cute. Check her out and get some inspiration.

How to Eat a Cupcake is much more than an instruction guide in eating etiquette.  There are tons of recipes on here that are tried and true.   Unfortunately (well not unfortunately for her!) the writer has opened up her own bakery so she is no longer blogging on this site- but there is still a treasure chest of posts to go through!

Although it's not exactly baking related, it is still a wonderful blog and worth noting.  Fanciful Felt is a blog run by a wonderful woman who makes the CUTEST things out of felt.  She recently made a cherry pie wreath and looks good enough to eat!  She also has a link to her Etsy shoppe on her blog so after you've read all about her cute things head on over and pick something up for yourself ;)

Last but certainly not least...and again not really baking related but she loves food so it still counts =)

Lynn Michelle is a fabulous photographer and good friend.  She was our wedding photographer and I can honestly say I will never go with another photographer...she has spoiled me =)  She posts all of her latest weddings and events on her blog (check out her kitchen remodel...gorgeous!) and you can really see her passion for the field in every photo.  Lynn has photographed some of my baked goods before and soon I'll be doing a trash the dress session with her and I have a feeling it is going to be a lot of fun ;) If you love photography, or food, or just looking at amazing photos...check her out!
P.S. as I was writing this I found out she was nominated for an award for her blog! Go Here
and vote for her =)


That's all I have for now.  Stay tuned! Secrets and Recipes to follow in the next couple of days =) Until then- stay sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment