Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Outside of the Box

Every baker/cook/artist should challenge themselves during their career with something that they aren't 100% comfortable with.

For me, it was fondant.

I do not like fondant.  Not necessarily the decorative aspect-but the taste.

It's pure sugar...and just...bleh.

However, everyone (well mostly everyone) loves fondant! And fondant is an excellent material for decorations.  So I went outside of my box tonight and started playing around with it.

And you know what?  It was FUN.  Really fun! And stress relieving...and did I mention it was fun?

I still don't like the taste though lol.

But that is ok.  I like using it...and can't wait to explore the possiblities.

I think this is the start of a beautiful relationship

Stay Sweet!

1 comment:

  1. I love the look of fondant. You just can't get the same effect with buttercream :P

    I'm with you though, the taste... not so much.

    ReplyDelete