I love bread pudding. It's one of those desserts that are truly versatile in both what to make them out of and when to serve them (anytime!)
When I first started Stressed Desserts and had our official tasting party last November, I introduced my first attempt at bread pudding- the White Chocolate Orange Royale Bread Pudding.
It was a hit.
My next lightbulb came when I was contemplating what to do with leftover french toast. Simple! Make a bread pudding out of it.
It too was a hit.
And then it was a friend who inspired me. Now and then I will have a little leftover chocolate chip banana bread on hand (what?! No way!)
My friend (and also designer of our fabulous logo) Megan had been telling me that she would warm up her banana bread and put peanut butter on it....mmmmmmm.
Ding. Another light bulb. Warm Banana Bread...gooey peanut butter....why not try a bread pudding out of it?
And so I did.
And although I'm the only one who has tried it so far...I think it's pretty good.
And with this bread pudding I discovered the golden secret to a good bread pudding.
It's all about the bread.
Start out with a GOOD bread that has it's OWN flavor...and you can't go wrong.
I use the same basic custard recipe for all my puddings, just alter it a bit for flavor...but they all have distinct tastes.
Why? Because they use distinct, powerful breads.
So my suggestion if you want to venture into making bread pudding (and I really suggest you do!):
Start with a good bread and go from there =)
Stay Sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment